Altering Your Property

Under the terms of your tenancy agreement, you are allowed to make certain improvements to your home.  Before carrying out any works you should seek Fyne Homes approval. You should write in to your local office detailing what alterations you wish to make and who will be carrying out the work. Works must be carried out by a qualified tradesman and Minor Works Certificates may be required depending on the alterations being made, you will be advised of this should permission be granted.

 To help you, we have set out below the improvements you would need permission for and those where you don’t need permission.

You Need Permission For

  • Installing a new kitchen
  • Replacing a bath or shower
  • Adding a conservatory
  • Replacingfences
  • Putting up a shed or greenhouse
  • Replacing a boiler
  • Removing walls or remodelling the property
  • Extending the property
  • Adaptations for the disabled
  • Stairlifts
  • Changes to the electrics
  • Fitting wooden or laminate flooring

You Don’t Need Permission For

  • Decorating
  • Putting up shelves
  • Putting up pictures
  • Laying carpets
  • A Satellitte dish

    Note: Some works may require Building Warrant and/or Planning Permission and it is your responsibility to apply for this if necessary. Please contact Argyll and Bute Council to discuss this further.

If you are in any doubt about any alteration to your property you should contact the local office for advice.

Website by Kiswebs. Web & App Design for Housing Associations